Monday, June 9, 2008

Ball Fields and Whole Grains.

Camp has started.  

Right now I'm on the ball field under the stars, sitting on an old Tabernacle bench and listening to the crickets and cicadas.  I know the scene is cliche, but sometimes the things that seem overused are the exact thing that our minds and souls need get away from the noise.  So, disregarding the hardness of the bench and the ants that tend to crawl over my feet, here's what's been on my mind the past few days.  

Lately, God's been teaching me about the simple concept following Him day by day.  I'm someone who always seems to want to see the big picture and the end result.  When I can see the finish line, I'll run hard.  But God doesn't always work that way.  Sometimes what we need is to say, "Father, I cannot live or breathe without your air entering my lungs.  I cannot wake up or fall asleep or dream without your hand at work and your mercy giving me what I need at every moment."  While we must give God our lives and our reason for living, what I often forget is that He desires us to spend every waking moment walking with Him in His glorious presence.  God want our lives, but He also wants our minutes.  

--

I lost internet connection at the ball field, so I came back to basketball court.  Now I'm talking with Aly and Michael about how awesome Frosted Mini-Wheats are.  Earlier today, Nathan and I said that by the end of the week we will be Ironmen since the cereal is so high in the metal.  I suppose we might be Fibermen too, but that's not a movie.  Now I have to give Aly back her Mac; so good night everyone.

McKinney

5 comments:

Emerly Sue said...

This was lovely and I am jealous.

Quinn said...

Thanks Mckinney. That's good for everyone to hear. It certainly encourages me to give my minutes to the Lord.

racherie said...

i finally posted something new on my blog.

Kristi said...

I just stumbled onto your blog and it made me miss you. I'm praying for camp....there are very few children here in Prague, so I miss the camp ones.

Nathan said...

McKinney.....camp has ended.

Also, Kashi crunch kicks butt.



Also, PLEASE don't turn into a hippie at UNC. The only thing you are allowed to turn into is the single-greatest Carolina basketball fan.